2013-01-18

Beetle Bailey

"I guess I have to cross this desert to get back to camp" says Pvt. Bailey, beginning to walk. "Whew!"

Heat haze rises from the burning sand that stretches on to the horizon in every direction. A few scattered clouds hold no hope of relief. In the distance, Pvt. Bailey sees another soldier coming towards him. He keeps walking.

"Hi." says the unfamiliar soldier as they reach each other.
"Hi." says Pvt. Bailey.

The two stand in silence a moment, staring at each other.

"Just go around me" says the stranger.
"No," says Pvt. Bailey, "you go around me"

As the sun sets, the two soldiers sit down on the cooling sand.

"I'll bet you're the laziest guy in the world!" says the stranger.
"Have you tried looking in the mirror?" asks Pvt. Bailey.

Soon it will be dark and the temperature will plummet. The two may not survive the freezing night, and there's still no end to the desert in sight.

Comic

No comments:

Post a Comment