2013-08-26

Pondering Between Friends

Between Friends, 2013-08-16.
This comic is the worst. I may have mentioned that before, but it bears repeating. I can't even tell if it's an improvement that in this strip she's not feeling superior about having failed in the most simple of resolutions. I mean, she failed at an easy thing that she actually wanted to do without even trying, and so she definitely should feel bad about that, but even so, she still manages to make this a universal thing in the last panel.

I guess it is better than the smug grin she normally puts on when she gives up without trying, but come on, don't try to convince me everyone is like that, because we're not, it's just you. You are a failure and I hate you. The only way to exceed your expectations, Susan, is to fucking try! Just make an actual attempt.

Also of note, while looking up Susan's name I spotted this in the section about Kim, another of the three completely interchangeable protagonists: "She is married to Derek, a widower and mom to her stepson, Danny." Apparently Derek is a mother. That's unusual.

No comments:

Post a Comment