2014-08-07

Sitcom Thursday: Kids today! Some gizmo!

Crankshaft, 2014-08-07.

Ed, Pam and Jeff are lined up at a food truck called "Dogs of Death"
"We take a hot dog in a glazed donut bun, coat it with butter, wrap it with cheese and bacon, dip it in our special beer batter and then deep-fry it." says the vendor.
"Hence the name..." says Jeff, as though he's being clever in some way.

That sounds disgusting. Iced doughnuts on their own are pretty bad, but what would possess a person to combine one with a hotdog? The butter is clearly gratuitous, but can't improve matters. Cheese and bacon go fine with a hotdog, but again you run into the problem of the doughnut just ruining everything. And then you further compound the issue by deep-frying it.

I tried to eat a deep-fried hotdog once. It was awful. I'm normally a person who enjoys some horrible, greasy food, especially if it's been sitting in a bain-marie for a while. And there are very few foods I won't eat. Off the top of my head, blue-vein cheese is about the only thing (although I do draw the line at anything that could kill me; I don't care how much better raw milk supposedly tastes, I'll take mine pasteurised). But I couldn't finish a single battered hotdog. I had to throw it out and get something else to eat. This sounds far worse.



Ben, 2014-08-07.

Nicholas is lying on the grass staring intently at a plant. Patty comes out to investigate.
"What're you doing?" she asks.
"Watching this bug." says Nicholas. "It's quite interesting ..."
He continues to watch the bug. Patty returns inside.
"And there he was, just lying outside!" she says. "Fascinated! No video games! No screens of any kind!"
"Wow!" says Nathan, who obviously doesn't care.



Drabble, 2014-08-07.

Patrick is sitting on his bed doing something with his phone. Norm is at his desk doing something with his laptop. Penny is on a beanbag with some kind of phone or tablet. June wanders from room to room, observing them in silence.
"I liked it better in the old days, when their bedroom floors were cluttered with toys!" she thinks.



It's interesting that those two previous comics should appear on the same day, not only as each other, but also as this:

The Buckets, 2014-08-07.

"Look at all this ridiculous twaddle people put on Facebook!" says Frank. "I swear..."
Meanwhile in the past...
"it makes..." says a man watching television.
Further in the past...
"me lose..." says a man listening to the radio.
Still further in the past...
"my faith..." says a man reading a newspaper.
And back to the dawn of man...
"...in humanity." says a caveman, looking at a painting on a cave wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment