2014-08-19

Action Tuesday: Is the Phantom evil now?

Since I last mentioned The Phantom, he and the president took a trip to Wambesi-land to visit Chatu, the Python. Once they got there the Phantom took off his rings and entered the Python's cell and proceeded to beat the shit out of him.

Just to be clear, the Phantom (ostensibly the hero of the story)  went to the jail cell of someone he already defeated and imprisoned, and beat the shit out of him for no apparent reason.

The Phantom, 2014-08-18.

"Your rings!" says the president, handing them back.
"Thanks." says the Phantom, then turns to the Python. "Let me explain to you why I took this meeting, Chatu!"
"Please do, old friend! I'm listening too!" says the president.

Yeah, I'm also listening, but I can't see any way to justify this.



And Dick Tracy is still apparently in the past, Mark Trail hasn't discovered Dirty's duplicity yet, Dock Ock is still making Spider-Man look like an idiot (like that's hard) and I don't even know what the fuck is going on in Mandrake. He's been kidnapped and taken to the future for a sight-seeing tour or something. It's all been pretty dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment